Monday, January 14, 2013

Mote - Demo Tape


When these guys from Louisville sent me an e-mail, I was curious to hear their music for two reasons. First,  recently I've received similar e-mail from another band from Louisville which turned out to be one of my favorite new bands, White Reaper. Second, description of their music was also interesting, they compared themselves to Pavement, Dinosaur Jr. and 90's alternative bands. Naturally I had to hear them. Maybe they have a bit of that 90's indie flavor and a touch of early screamo but I wouldn't compare them to any of that. Same feeling I had first time I heard Tame Impala, sounds so familiar but you can't quite put a finger on it. Whatever they doing I think it works and they could be really big. Check out their bandcamp, they have a few really good lo-fi releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment